Sunday, May 24, 2015

We Missed You - Relief Society Email


A while back we were asked by our Stake Presidency to make sure those who are not at church know that they are missed. Our Relief Society Presidency decided as part of that directive, we would send out an email every Sunday to those who were not in Relief Society. This includes those who are absent and those serving in Primary, Nursery and Young Women. Sometimes when I do something I have no idea if it makes a difference. I have received a lot of positive feedback about this email program, especially from those sisters who are serving in other organizations and those who cannot make it to church for health or other reasons. There was even a less active that had been receiving them. I had no idea whose email this was but sent it because it was on the email list. They came to church. I introduced myself, and the individual said, "Oh, I get your emails". 
We just take a few quotes and scriptures that are shared during Relief Society, compile them on a postcard type file and email them as a jpeg. Searching images on the internet offers a wealth of pictures that relate to the different lessons that give this email a nice touch with little effort other than to copy, paste and resize. 
This does take a little bit of time to put together, but utilizing technology in this manner has unified us more, and really by small and simple means. 
I would love to hear some ways you have reached out to the Sisters in your ward...

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Sue! I love these and so glad I still get them, keeps me in touch!

    ReplyDelete