Friday, February 10, 2012

Same Plate, Different Season - Interchangeable Plates Using Contact Paper

Do you remember the Halloween plates I made? These dinner plates went perfect with our spooky Halloween meal.
I made these with the intention of changing them up every season. I finally made my second decals for Valentines Day. I made what I wanted on my plate with my favorite computer program - then I FLIPPED the picture - and printed it on clear contact paper that is used to cover shelves.  Go to the tutorial HERE to get all the details.
I wanted to save the decals from Halloween - so I took the decal off - and put it on the backing from the new decal.


I tried using some color this time and it turned out great! 
Now what to do next time???

Thanks for stopping by!
Linking up to ...

4 comments:

  1. Nice idea! I like the LOVE plates

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from TT&J to say HI and to say What a smart idea! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a smart idea! This would be perfect for a themed birthday party too! Love it!

    I'm your newest follower!

    Feel free to stop by and check out some of my crafts too, if you'd like :)
    -Sarah

    www.adventuresofourfamily.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic idea! Would love it if you came by and linked up to my Manic Monday Linky Party!
    -Melissa
    http://serendipityandspice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete