Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Camp Blanket


Here is a relatively easy camp blanket to make. I purchased some fleece blankets that came in a pack of two for $5.00 (click here to see what I did with the other one). I found a clip art (this one is a Young Women logo from my church) and blew it up to the size I wanted. I cut out white fleece and started sewing. I made a purple one, and my daughter, when she was twelve, made this red one.

 The possibilities are endless - just pick an easy silhouette clip art and personalize a blanket for camp!
Linking up to...
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!lil luna link party button

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow - this has the memories of being a Brownie and a Guide flooding back; camp fires, home made sitters, toasted marshmallows and jacket potatoes wrapped in tin foil over fire barrels. And the campfire singing and stories of course!

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a smart idea! I think it would be nice to have a whole basket of these blankets for cooler summer nights on the deck or dock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this idea! Do you have to pre-shrink the fabrics before you make this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ clutterholic - I make it a habit of pre-shrinking. I put the fabric through a rinse cycle and then fully dry in the dryer.

    ReplyDelete